Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Episode 8- Blogging!



For the first time, The Real Mr. Housewife is blogging about an episode (a tradition I hope will be weekly)... I know initially I promised NOT to give opinions, but when blogging the Episodes I will have to... So here goes, Episode 8: "Bubbies Gone Bad":


The first scene (in the restaurant) has me wondering a few things initially. One- why is Teresa always late? Can this woman not make it anywhere on time? Maybe she's busy trying to deal with her debt? Just sayin'. Also, why does Caroline say that there's someone missing... Dina is her sister and Jacqueline's sister-in-law AND Teresa's friend- it's not like they can't see her off the show. This just seems like a moment meant for drama and acting. Also, Caroline insists "You can't deal with someone as irrational as her"- where is the irrationality in what Danielle has done? Also, when Teresa says "Try me bitch"... I dunno, Teresa. I'm pretty sure Danielle could take you Just sayin'.

I was shocked when Danielle showed her breasts and they were just a little blurred out. I want to say kudos to her for dealing with the issue of plastic surgery gone wrong and trying to improve it on national TV. Also, I give her credit for not trying to hide the fact that she's had work done. In a world where people lie about their plastic surgery, I give Danielle credit for being open about it.

While I understand that Lauren is Caroline's daughter, I didn't realize she was a Housewife... Oh, wait- she's not! So, no offense Bravo, but please stop wasting camera time with watching Lauren do makeup. BORING. Yawn. BORING... ZzzzzZzzzZzzzz... I also like that Caroline says here that her children are established on where they want their lives to go...

While I'm not a parent, I do have to say I give credit to Jacqueline for throwing Ashley out the previous week. The only mistake she made is that this needed to happen a LONG time ago. That kid needed a good kick in the ass last season, not a new car for flunking out of school. Is it just me or when Ashley says she's embarrassed by how she acted while smiling, does it seem a bit forced? To me it seems like she's TOTALLY faking it for the cameras. Just sayin'.

This scene with Teresa and the party planner Elvira (who thought THIS episode would make her the new RHONJ) was funny. The reason it was so funny was because Teresa always needs to be right and Elvira seemed to have the personality to always need to be right, so seeing these two personalities clash was quite entertaining. Also, when she leaved and Teresa falls over dramatically... you can see where Gia gets her dramatics from.

Watching Chris give Ashley rules was interesting... we'll see if she's able to follow them. Based on her past behavior, I fully expect her to be breaking them and getting into fights with Jacqueline and Chris ASAP.

I found the scene between Caroline and Albie to be chock-full of real emotion. Caroline's parenting skills really did shine through and the fact that she REALLY cares about her children is so blatantly obvious. She also gave really sound advice to Albie... and the love and respect they have as a Mother/Son was definitely shown. I really felt for Albie in this scene as I know what it's like to screw up and need a second chance. However, one question- how if Albie only got one D+ was his GPA under a 2.00? A 2.00 is a C average- one D+ shouldn't bring that average THAT Much down unless all the other grades are bad- which they clearly were. Also, is it just me or does Albie seem to be going bald in the back a little bit? What a shame for someone so good looking.

Seeing Al Manzo again, I must give him a shout out for doing an AMAZING job at slimming down. He looks night and day different from last year, so kudos Al! Caroline saying "In this family we're warriors and Albie is a survivor" brought a slightly cynical smile to my face as it's almost as ridiculous as "My family is as thick as thieves." I thought Al made a really good point that "If this hurdle is enough to take him down, he doesn't deserve to be a lawyer then." Well stated and it was nice to see a parent not being completely biased toward their child.

Kim D makes me want to vomit. She's an annoying, two-faced bitch who reminds me of a prostitute in the sense that she'll tell you she loves you and fuck you just in order to get your money. Just sayin'. Also, this scene with them in Posche particularly annoyed me, as if Jacqueline and Teresa want NOTHING to do with Danielle, why keep talking about her? It doesn't make sense. I did think Teresa made a good point saying it's shady that Kim D went to Danielle's lunch when Kim D said she didn't want to be friends with her. Hmm... Teresa, you might be onto something- who looks like the pig now? Kim D.

Again, kudos to Danielle for showing her plastic surgery openly on TV. This takes a lot of courage to do in the first place (get it done), but then to show it on television is another thing entirely. I give her a LOT of credit for this.

I found it funny that Caroline pointed out that two girls came into the Brownstone to say that they thought Christopher was better looking than Albie. It was funny, especially because I don't think Christopher's really all that good looking and Albie definitely is. Albie acted kind of immaturely at this dinner, as it was about celebrating Lauren's achievements, not getting defensive because he failed out of law school. It was good to hear Caroline say Albie should do something instead of sitting around feeling sorry for himself- very true.

When Teresa met up with Elvira again, I was just sitting there in disbelief, especially with the current news regarding Teresa and Joe's bankruptcy. How the HELL do you spend this much on a party when you're already MEGA in debt? Just sayin'

Teresa's house warming party was QUITE the interesting event. I don't understand why Kim G would want to come if she wasn't invited initially... Obviously it was a last minute invite when she called... Of course, Kim G was clearly fishing for an invite by texting Jacqueline... I don't understand this Kim G woman whatsoever. Playing both sides of the field will only get you burned Kim G... keep that in mind. Kim G's only saving grace this season has been that her son is extremely cute. Other than that the woman doesn't have a single redeeming quality. I'd also prefer (from last week) if she NEVER attempts to get on a stripper pole again. It was... frightening.

Danielle's daughters seem to care about her a lot... and seeing them in person at one of Danielle's book signings they seem really proud of her and to love her a lot. It was nice to see them wanting to take care of her post-surgery.

I must say that when Jacqueline arrived at the party I was like WOW! She looks AMAZING! (not to mention AMAZINGLY thin!!!). When I saw Joe and Teresa getting ready for the party I was wondering where are Gia, Malania, and the other two? It was weird to me that if you had a new baby she'd be MIA just so you could have a party.

Kim D SERIOUSLY needs to control her drinking. Teresa was trying to make a speech and for the second time this season Kim D made a total ass out of herself. What's funny is these women call Danielle garbage but then hang out with people like Kim D. PUHLEEEZ. Also, Ashley drooling over the Juicy Joe made me wanna puke. The man is not juicy, he's fat. Fact not fiction here, people! LOVED Caroline's comment when watching Kim D that if this was one of her kids she would choke them! love love love that comment! Kim D approaching Ashley was totally inappropriate too. I was glad Caroline put them in check and was like "no more of this."

I love that Kim G approached Caroline to say Jacqueline is obsessed with Danielle. SO the other way. Two faced bitch. She should pick a team and stick to it, NOT play both sides.

That's about it for this week's episode. I cannot WAIT for next week's- Especially the "SOMEBODY HAS A KNIFE" part!

Until then... The Real Mr. Housewife is signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment